11 September 2007

leather bag blanket

first two flights were freezing cold with no blankets. i clung dearly to my bag, which conveniently served as.....my leather bag blanket.

wondering around amsterdam during my ten hour layover was......adventurous. i enjoyed a sun-dried tomato bagel w/my favorite concauction -- tomatoes, basil, FRESHEST mozzerella, and pesto -- at Beans and Bagels and sipped a machiato -- not my favorite, but it's the only thing i vaguely recognized on the menu...and besides, everything always taste better in other countries.....maybe.

then i met Santi...from Spain, living in Montreal, working in Africa. we wondered around talking about randomness -- what two people typically talk about while parusing the streets of amsterdam. he bought me a cappacino (sp?)....also not my favorite, but everything always taste better when....bought by foreign strangers you meet in the central cobblestone square of amsterdam.

and now i'm here. cairo, egypt. home for the next eleven months.........sweet.

2 comments:

Philosophos Philophisarus said...

I look forward to reading about your adventures :-)

My name is April. said...

That's my girl...meeting new boys right away!

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner