19 November 2007

japanese janean...

i am japanese....ok, so i'm half japanese - hapa as they say in hawaii. this so exciting....yes, yes, ...i've been half japanese my whole life, i know....but still, i'm just as excited today as i am when i, as a wobbly tolder, asked my parents which half of my body was japanese....

i was talking to a korean lady today....we were joking about being asian....and half asian. she said she could tell that i had some asian blood running through my veins (probably in my eyes ;) a generous compliment highlighting my day........she joked about her small eyes. i joked about my dad's small eyes.................... :)







ps. i'm equally grateful for my other half......thanks, mom!

1 comment:

ejikeda said...

Hi Sweetie,

I too am glad that you like being half haole, and not just Japanese :) I can still see you asking me which half of you is Japanese and which half of you is haole. You are an original :)

I always told you that I could see that you were hapa, and now someone else has also, even though you do look more haole than your brothers. I love you, mom

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner