16 April 2009

the loooove chapter.

"Love is patient, love is kind...." I hear it all the time! I Corinthians 13

i went surfing early this morning then got to class in record time. here's my post-surfing, pre-class meditation from this morning as shared with a friend via gmail-chat.


i was just reading "if i speak in tongues of men and of angels, but have not love...etc. Love is patient, etc.


i always think of those verses as guidelines to my relationship with people - how to love them and to express God's love through me to them....and to show God that I love him....BUT, how do i practice this love - patience, kindness, gentleness, etc - with God...in my relationship with Him?

I think i just assume that because he's Love, that's that. How am i letting (or not letting) the spirit work on my relationship with Him. Am i patient with God? Am i kind and gentle? Not that he can't handle my impatience or at times harshness resulting from hurt or frustration...but what characteristics do i practice or not practice in my daily interaction with him...my prayers? my attitudes?

i got some serious thinking to do on this one! i so easily resort to "expressing" my frustration....and sometimes that's necessary and i believe he wants it. but i definitely don't need to be in a habit of doing so all the time.
anyway. that's my post-surfing, pre-class meditation this morning

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner