04 September 2008

oh canada

still in canada for a few more days. learning lots....like my grandma files her nails on fridays, my grandpa has the HUGEST smile when interacting with his peers, papaya trees (like cherries) are male and female...oh wait, papayas don't grow on trees....there some other plant. there's a lot you learn while sitting on a train or bus for extensive periods of time.

while sticking my head out of the window of the vestibule on the train, i felt what i imagine to be a glimpse of the hope and anticipation of the pioneers back in the day. not knowing what's around the next ridge or through the next tunnel, we just kept riding on.

i've spent a lot of time with my grandparents. apparantly, my grandpa thinks i'm hilarious -- he laughs at all of my jokes! he's a keeper :) but seriously, i'm so glad i can spend this time with them. i'm especially interested to know what he's thinking as he stares out the window of the train for hours at a time...watching the world pass him by.

from the land of maple syrup and igloos ;)

1 comment:

Mohammad said...

I miss watching and not seeing. trains are the perfect place to be lost in thoughts, don't u think?

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner