02 May 2008

close your eyes...and walk.

i'll be walking on a sidewalk and get a random urge to close my eyes and continue walking. i have no idea why. do i do it? well.....in spurts. close my eyes. walk. peek. close my eyes....weird, i know.

besides little bites from tiny, black ants, things here continue to be busy and exciting. two weekends ago lianne and i went with one of the teachers from my school to her church, St. John, to celebrate Palm Sunday (last weekend was the Egyptian Easter). she's coptic (the oldest, existing church). we slept in and ALMOST missed this wonderful opportunity.

last weekend, we spent three days travelling through the western desert. we slept under the stars, swam in springs, visited the white desert, black desert, crystal mountain, english mountain...it was non-stop adventure. needless to say, we came back sun-kissed and glowing!

in other exciting news, our landlady finally took care of our broken toilet seat. eight months of roller coaster toilet rides and we're back to normal. exciting stuff, i know.

other than that, just praying about my post-egypt plans. my life feels like dot-art. all these littlte, colorful dots all over the canvas....at some point, i'll see the bigger picture, until then....i'm just living, one dot at a time.

ps. i dropped my external hard drive, which houses all of my music and more importantly ALL of my pictures from this year! :( i hope it's fixable.......there is some serious tragedy potential.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner