13 April 2008

flour power

i bought my ticket to go home.....actually, mom and dad bought my ticket. yes, in october, i'll be 23 and my parents are still buying my airplane tickets. I'll reimburse them...with a year or two of my presence in their house, that is. after 5 years of "gallivanting the globe," i'm moving home. i'm not passing through, stopping by, i'm MOVING in! i may even buy a piece of furniture or use that dresser that has been janean-less for quite some time.



as i look at my itinerary, many thoughts flood my mind. the people i'll be leaving, the people i'll be re-connecting with, my family, my grandparents, registering for classes.....the food i'll get to eat........the food i won't get to eat. i won't be able to buy freshly baked pitas (aysh baladi) right around the corner from my flat. so, i decided i'd learn to make pitas.



on second thought, a trip to the store for a packet of yeast isn't worth it....plus, i'm still here and should enjoy the pitas i have and when i return home, i'll learn to make pitas......AND since we haven't seen any tortillas at the store lately and just finished our last pack, and i have all the ingredients, i'll make my first batch of homemade flour tortillas.



mid-roll through my second tortilla, lianne comes home and decides to enjoy in the dough-rolling excitement. it's a good thing we didn't dump that empty glass jar of peanut butter so both of us can roll at the same time. yes, we use our peanut butter jars to roll dough.



copious amounts of tortillas piled high, lianne decides she's had enough and finds another use for the dough:





janean joins in:





and this is what you get:





and this:



ok, pictures aren't working....but imagine a game of darts minus the darts....with some leftover dough!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner