19 March 2008

early buses, baked custards, big discisions

This morning I made custard.

These past two weeks at school have been so enjoyable. I started art classes for the younger students and, each morning, I look forward to working with them and with the teachers.

The ladies in my office are like my family, but since a few teachers quit, we've become more than a family but also a team. We work together as we enjoy each other's company. At night, I look forward to going to sleep by 10:30 to wake up excited and ready for a full day.

This morning, I made custard. I'm still not entirely sure why. While talking to a friend about pending decisions, I thought custard seemed like a good idea at the moment and a tasty treat for later (even though I've already eaten my half).

As many of you know, I always have ideas bouncing around like there's a trampoline in my head (or a bouncy castle...); either way, my life constantly feels like it can go in various directions at the same time. Usually this is good because it keeps me learning, motivated, and excited about life, but on the rare occasion that I want to focus or pursue a specific dream, I find myself unsatisfied with the notion of channelling my interest into one direction as if having to simultaneously sacrifice other dreams.

Perhaps some people are made to focus their attention, and others are made to constantly expand their horizons while expanding the horizons of those around them. Perhaps this is me. Or, perhaps I'm just as my aunty recently noticed: "Janean, you're really not headed in all sorts of directions, all of your interests focus on one goal -- to serve the whole person. You're not just concerned with a person's education, but with his/her physical and spiritual well-being. You care about the whole person and all your interests reflect this."

As the words came out of her mouth, it all made sense. Pursing one aspect of this goal isn't taking me away from other interests but better equipping me to be of service to people in various capacities. I feel like I've known this for so long; like I didn't know that I know, but I knew. You know? :)

I have some pretty big decisions ahead of me and am excited to see where they lead. I've never been the type to freak out or feel burdened by such decisions but pray for wisdom. When the decisions are made, you will know.

Many Blessings,
Janean

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner