10 October 2008

While in Egypt, I discovered the enjoyment of baking. Aside from playing dough darts with left overs, baking has the potential to appeal to so many senses -- smells, hopefully, entice others to "check in," looks invite them to sit and indulge, taste keeps them coming back.

And I, when I have....no, when I make the time, enjoy the process -- selecting the recipe, gathering the ingredients, occasionally pretend I'm the host of a cooking show...only occasionally, I assure you :)

I prepared some pizza dough for lunch tomorrow. Yes, it's 1:30am, and I'm making pizza dough. Love it. With some locally grown tomatoes, I intend to use my Egyptian mom's tomato sauce recipe, throw in some basil from the garden, and.....some quality store bought mozzarella. Pick some lemons from the garden, make a little lemonade, cut a few orchids, find a few friends: a recipe for a good time, I hope. :)

And then I'll call my dentist to schedule the pulling of all my wisdom teeth. Post-pizza, of course!

2 comments:

Dulcinator said...

hope that pizza was delish! by the way, i should be making it over to oahu in the spring...sometime around mayish...you know, post spring break madness. if you want to email me your number or contact info i know my sister would adore more solid friends in oahu. she's about the coolest girl ever, though i am a bit biased cause she's my twin. but she loves outdoors anything and i told her to go to Monowili Waterfalls. She has been surfing a lot too. i hope you are well and that i get to see you when i visit!

My name is April. said...

they don't have ovens here in korea. only in special bakeries. i miss baking. your post made me feel like i was part of your baking. thanks!

About Me

My photo
Hawaii, United States
trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth.
O, dreadful is the check — intense the agonyWhen the ear begins to hear and the eye begins to see;When the pulse begins to throb, the brain to think again,The soul to feel the flesh and the flesh to feel the chain. - Emily Bronte, "The Prisoner